Shelter House is a community of residents, staff and volunteers working together to provide basic human services for the men and women of the Greater Cincinnati area who are experiencing homelessness. The Assistant Shelter Director of Support Services is responsible for managing all personnel who offer services to Shelterhouse clients.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinate services for Shelter case managers including HIP (Homeless Individual Partnership)
- Accept referrals and maintain the referral process
- Assign referred clients to a case manager
- Facilitate meetings with all referring agencies/shelters to discuss programmatic issues as needed
- Meet weekly with each case manager to discuss client issues and overcoming obstacles
- Provide necessary training to case managers
Qualifications & Requirements
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Independent Social Work (LISW)
- Experience working with Homeless, Substance Abuse, Mental Health, Housing, and/or Criminal Justice systems preferred.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record with daily access to private insured vehicle during work hours. Ability to be approved by Shelter House insurer.
Skills & Abilities
- Strongly demonstrates the importance of team building.
- Ability to communicate with the community to stay informed of resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess self-initiative and demonstrated attention to detail.
Responsible for supervising staff of 20-25 employees. These duties include hiring, training, disciplining, developing and terminating staff members.
Physical Requirements (% of time spent performing requirements)
- Time spent walking- 25%
- Time spent sitting- 50%
- Time spent working on a computer- 50%
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
It is the policy of Shelterhouse to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status or status within any other protected group.
Further Information & How to Apply
Join us in offering housing, help and hope to our community by using your leadership experience to achieve operational success and program growth. As a full-time employee, you are eligible for the organization’s benefit package, which includes medical, IRA matching, short-term disability benefit, paid time off and voluntary life and dental.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume to: email@example.com.